- Install the Update Channel Selector extension
- Go to Help -> About (Windows) or Firefox -> About Firefox (Mac), then in the dialog, click on the Change it! link (click on image to the left to enlarge)
[UPDATE: JetPack 1.2 released on Nov 17th 2011 has Google Plus support now] Unfortunately the WordPress ShareDaddy plugin (that comes with the Jetpack plugin) does not have Google +1 support currently, and adding it as a custom item does not work.
So, I modified one of the .php files from the ShareDaddy plugin to include this support. You will need either this plugin  or this one  installed first, in this example, I am using , but you can use any one if you know its shortcode.
The additions you need to make are in the sharing-service.php file. The diff is here, and this is the patched sharing-service.php file (from Jetpack ShareDaddy 1.1.2) . Below is an image and line location (lines 436-437) for the additions (click to enlarge):
This adds Google +1 to the end of the items shared by ShareDaddy. Change the shortcode to the one that your plugin comes with, I used this plugin  where the shortcode is ‘wgdpo_plusone’, for the other plugin , the shortcode is ‘google1’.
NOTE: If you upgrade to 1.1.3, it goes without saying you will have to re-apply the patch.
… as in independent developer. Great blog posts and videos - I got the links from a Cocoaheads talk in San Francisco in 2009, during WWDC. I included the original bit.ly links so it would easy to remember (plus the original links just in case the Libyan government cancels the bit.ly domain - haha)
- Indie Ethos (video) by Jonathan ‘Wolf’ Rentzsch [http://bit.ly/indie1] [original]
- How to become an independent programmer in just 1068 days by Gus Mueller of Flying Meat Inc. (maker of Acorn, an image editor) [http://bit.ly/indie2] [original]
- Indie Fever by Daniel Jalkut of Red Sweater Software (maker of MarsEdit, blogging software) [http://bit.ly/indie3] [original]
- Indie Fever by Michiel van Meeteren for Sofa (maker of Versions, a SVN client) [http://bit.ly/indie4] [original]
- Apple to Indie by Buzz Andersen (maker of BirdFeed, now Brizzly - a Twitter client for the iPhone). Good insights on what goes on inside Apple by a former Apple Engineer’s perspective.