I currently reside in San Francisco, California.
I am a Senior Computer Scientist at Adobe Systems Inc, and also serve as the Vice President of Apache Cordova (Project Management Committee Chair). I have eighteen years of software development experience. Previously to Adobe, I worked for both Nitobi and Atimi Software – and the work involved consulting for clients who are household names, and because of NDA reasons I am not allowed to divulge who they are. Suffice to say that I am extremely proud of the work I have done for my clients, and there is a very good chance that you might be using software that I have contributed to!
See my photos on Flickr - alas I sold my SLR a couple of years ago, so hardly any new pictures lately.
I was born in Singapore - I migrated to British Columbia, Canada, when I became a teenager. I had the benefit of the best education systems in both countries. I was a student at Raffles Institution, Singapore’s renowned all-boys top secondary school, and I continued to ace my academic classes in British Columbia’s best high school and continued on to the renowned Computer Systems Technology program at the British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT) and the Computer Science program at the University of British Columbia (UBC).
Code contributions (note that ASF mirrors don’t reflect in Github profiles)
- Apache Cordova (at the ASF)
- Apache Foundation - Github (mirror)
- PhoneGap - Github
- Shazron - Github
- Shazron - OpenHUB
Past projects and startups:
- DLSOnline SVG Graphing Module for International Logging Inc.
- SocialU (defunct: social network)
- Kaozz Entertainment (defunct: this was MySpace before MySpace, but in all Flash)
- ReelIndie Global Network (defunct: this was movie industry casting management SaaS, in all Flash)
- DataSlinger (server software to convert CAD formats on the fly to SVG, for the web)
- Zebu! educational groupware for Centrinity Inc. (now OpenText) (PDFs)
May be interesting
- My StockTicker game (as part of a group project) is being used by the Alberta Securities and Exchange Commission in their educational programs.
- I wrote the original treatise on How To Write An Indiana Jones Movie
- Some of my Java code has been used in:
- There is a Shazron Hotel in Blackpool, UK (no relation of course)